Supermarket Plastic Audit
We want supermarkets to Break Free From Plastic!
The Sick of Plastic petition has the following 6 demands for supermarkets:
- Offer more items without packaging, such as fruit and vegetables (without plastic trays, wrapping and nets).
- Make own-brand packaging easily compostable or recyclable, and use less plastic.
- Demand, through purchasing power, that other brands have easily compostable or recyclable packaging, and use less plastic.
- Blaze a trail in Ireland by implementing a plastic free aisle, as has been done in the Netherlands.
- Provide items in bulk, where possible, to reduce packaging.
- Allow shoppers to use their own containers, buying only what they need.
Rate your supermarket's effort on each demand by completing our supermarket audit.
Together with VOICE Ireland, we are going to present the findings from this audit along with our plastic petition (sign here to help us reach 20,000!) to supermarket CEO's, urging them to #BreakFreeFromPlastic!