Sick of Plastic Actions!
Sick of Plastic is working to empower communities to pressure industry and decision makers to take action on single use plastic.
Here's some actions to break free from plastic you can start right now!
- Supermarkets to reduce single use plastics and unnecessary plastic packaging
- Introduce a deposit return scheme for plastic bottles and aluminium cans
- Tax single use coffee cups and promote reuse
- Ban single use plastic, following recent EU Plastics Legislation
- Take a photo when you are doing your shopping, show examples of where a product costs more loose than the packaged option
- Post the photo on your choice of social media tagging your supermarket and include the hashtag #Loose4Less
- If you don’t use social media, you can send the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the supermarket and location and we will post it for you
Fed up paying more to avoid #plastic? Loose is more expensive than packaged. We want #Loose4Less so everyone can #BreakFreeFromPlastic— Sick Of Plastic (@SickOfPlasticIE) July 5, 2019
Post a photo of your shopping and tag your supermarket to tell them you want #Loose4Less#PlasticFreeJuly #SickOfPlastic pic.twitter.com/HBrZivkp4v
Supermarkets listen to their customers. Shop and Drop is an action everyone can take every time we go shopping. Simply leave your unwanted plastic packaging behind to protest and show your supermarket they need to do more.
Sick of Plastic lead two nationwide days of action, in April 2018 and April 2019, inviting communities all across Ireland to take action together. But you don't have to wait for a nationwide event, you can organise a community shop and drop at your local supermarket any time you like!
Check out the Sick of Plastic Local Actions Map to connect with people in your area that also want to take action on plastic. We have all the resources and tools you need to run a shop and drop together!
Let us know about your action so we can amplify and support you!