Job opening for a campaigner
6 Aug 2010
VOICE (Voice of Irish Concern for the Environment), a colleague environmental group NGO of Friends of the Earth is looking to hire a new camapigner. We work closely with VOICE as part of the Environmental Pillar of social parternship and our offices are on the same floor in 9 Upper Mount Street. We plan to collaborate more in the Autumn once this new campaigner is in post as Friends of the Earth is hoping to do some more work on waste, an area where VOICE have considerable experience. The Friends of the Earth Director, Oisin Coghlan, will be sitting on the interview panel for the VOICE campaigner job.
We are looking for a person with broad knowledge of environmental issues, ideally with experience in lobbying and grass-roots campaigning. Fundraising experience would be an advantage. The successful applicant will also have excellent organisational and computer skills. This is a four-day a week post, on a one-year fixed term basis, which may be renewed.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Be a team player with an open and flexible attitude
- Be diplomatic and tactful with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Be confident at public speaking and have presentation skills
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Be computer literate including Microsoft Office suite, experience of websites an advantage
- Hold a current and valid driver's license
For a fuller job description please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a CV by Thursday, 19th August to
9 Upper Mount St.
Short-listed applicants will be notified of interview dates
(IMPORTANT NOTICE: if you are sending your CV via e-mail, please save the document as an rtf file (rich text format) in Word etc - otherwise the document may be unreadable).