Ring the Changes on Saturday 6th December to Stop Climate Chaos
27 Nov 2008
Join people all over the world on 6 December and 'Ring the Changes' to Stop Climate Chaos
Saturday December 6th marks the Global Day of Action Against Climate Change, coinciding with the United Nations Climate Talks in Poznan, Poland. These talks will run from the 1st to 12th fo December 2008. Events will be held around the world on Saturday December 6th calling on world leaders to take urgent action on climate change. In Ireland at 2pm people will get involved by ringing bells in their communities to 'Ring the Changes' and herald in a new era of urgent action on climate change.
What is 'Ring the Changes'?
The Irish Stop Climate Chaos coalition, of which Friends of the Earth is a member, are running a 'Ring the Changes' activity across the country to highlight that the time for urgent action is now. With just 12 months to go until a global deal must be reached, more needs to be done, especially by governments, to ensure real progress is made in the fight against climate change. People throughout Ireland will ring bells in their communities to ensure Ireland plays its part in preventing runaway climate change.
What can you do?
Help ring in the changes to Stop Climate Chaos! We will provide you with bells, leaflets, posters and information to run your own event in your local area. You can ring the bells outside you church, the local shop, community centre, or wherever there are people really-even if you ring your bell on your own doorstep you will be contributing to the campaign! Any bell will do - even your mobile phone!
If you would like to take part we can send you a Ring the Changes Action Pack containing 10 posters, 50 leaflets, Stop Climate Chaos Temporary Tattoos, extra information about the campaign and a set of 4 Stop Climate Chaos bells that you can put on your Christmas tree after the event!
All you need to do is:
1. Decide what kind of event you are going to run in your community; gather friends & family to help you and decide where you're going to ring the bells.
2. Fill out this simple order form and send it back to us via email, fax or post or call us with your order on 01-6394652.
3. Let people know about the event by putting up the posters provided in the pack, giving out leaflets and contacting local newspaper & radio station.
4. Ring the bells at 2pm together with people throughout Ireland! All you need to do is ring the bells and give out information leaflets to passers-by.
5. Take photos of your event and send them to us and of course your local newspaper or bulletin.
Contact Us: Please do not hesitate to contact us at 01-639 4652 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need anything or to share your event ideas with us!