Public meeting: Will our politicians make the polluter pay? Tuesday 23rd September, 6pm
19 Sep 2008
Join us for a "questions and answers" style event on carbon pricing with leading TDs
Your chance to put politicians on the spot about climate change
Tuesday 23rd Septembert at 6pm.
Cultivate centre, West Essex Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
Richard Bruton, T.D. (Finance Spokesperson, Fine Gael), Joan Burton, T.D. (Finance Spokesperson, Labour), Senator Dan Boyle (Finance Spokesperson, Green Party), Sean Fleming, T.D. (Chairman Oireachtas Joint Committee on Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Fianna Fail)
Chair: Harry Mc Gee, Irish Times
Admission by voluntary donation
Organised by Dublin Friends of the Earth
If you'd like to put a question to the panel email it to email@example.com
The climate is changing and Ireland's greenhouse gas emissions are still rising. It's time to ask questions:
- Should we put a price on carbon now?
- A tax on carbon is dioxide emissions is in the Programme for Government, but will we see one in the Budget in a few weeks' time? If not, why not?
- Do the Opposition parties propose to introduce one? If not, why did they sign the Stop Climate Chaos Call to Action on climate change?
- Is there any semblance of all-Party agreement on action to halt and reverse our greenhouse gas emissions?
- Does any party want to go instead with a Cap and Share system, by which everyone in the State would have a carbon allocation which could be traded?
Dublin Friends of the Earth is the first local group of Friends of the Earth in the Republic of Ireland since its launch in 2004. Local groups have long flourished internationally, and help to make Friends of the Earth the largest network of environmental organisations in the world, with over a million members. The launch of Dublin Friends of the Earth as our first local group is an important development which will build our capacity for activism.
If you'd to know more or get involved please do come along on Tuesday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.