Join Our Agri-Activist Team
Want to Join the 'Growing Together' Coordinating Team?
The aim of the project is to support young activists and farmers to build skills and take action on issues relating to food and agriculture. The project offers trainings and skill-building opportunities and provides supports to young people who wish to plan, organisie and facilitates events, workshops, film screenings, information stalls, actions, etc.
This opportunity is open to young activists and farmers (aged 18-35) across the island of Ireland. No previous knowledge or experience is necessary.
Why Join the Coordinating Team?
The coordinating team will have the opportunity to:
- avail of the 'Growing Together' funding to visit farms and agriculture/food-related projects across Ireland,
- organise trainings & workshops to help upskill themselves as a team on a range of topics and practical skills,
- plan and deliver large and small scale events, trainings, film screenings, etc. to members of the public,
- work alongside La Via Campesina to create a joint statement on Food Sovereignty that will be presented to MEP's in Brussels,
- work alongside youth activists across Europe to plan & attend a week of actions in Brussels in April 2020,
- plan actions, demonstrations, workshops, etc. that support fair food farmers in Ireland and across Europe,
- engage with conventional and sustainable farmers across Ireland and build solidarity with farmers,
- plan or attend other activities that the coordinating team decide on together.
What is the time commitment?
Time commitment can vary based on how much you would like to commit. We ask that you are available to attend the initial information session and a minimum of one coordinating meeting/call per month. After that, it is up to you how much you would like to contribute.
How do I sign up?
Email Triona on email@example.com to find out more information and how to join the team.