Nuclear Power? No thanks!
Take part in a new Europe-wide campaign to halt the revivial of nuclear power in its tracks. We are mobilizing "One Million Europeans Against Nuclear Power".
Click here to sign the petition now.
Nuclear power is part of the problem, not part of the solution!
Europe must stop wasting taxpayers' money to protect a dangerous and expensive technology. 20 years after the Chernobyl disaster, nuclear power remains the most dangerous mechanism for electricity generation. Nuclear energy is also no solution to climate change. And, globalized terrorism makes nuclear power stations and the uncontrolled proliferation of nuclear material a serious security hazard.
- Emits as much as much CO2 over the whole life-cycle from fuel mining to waste management and decommissioning as a modern gas-fired power plant.
- Is insanely expensive and wouldn't survive without taxpayers' subsidies.
- Risks serious accidents with radioactive release. There have been at least 22 since the Chernobyl disaster in 1986.
- Still creates dangerous waste for many generations to come.
- Relies for fuel on uranium, the known reserves of which will run out in 50 years if nuclear energy production is maintained at current level.
- Risks nuclear proliferation, as we can't present nuclear energy as the solution to energy demand and climate change and then seek to prevent Asian, African and Latin America countries developing it.
Governments across Europe turn a blind eye on the fact that the majority of the Europeans oppose nuclear energy. By collecting one million signatures against nuclear power in Europe, we will make sure that the voice of the citizen will be heard.