Corporate Leaders Group The first Communique from the Corporate Leaders group, as presented to the Taoiseach on the 21st of September 2009.
Issued on: 22 September 2009
- Publication in pdf format
(size : 748k)
After a six month collaboration period the Irish Corporate Leaders Group has developed this Communiqué on climate change policy which calls on the Government to implement science- based targets and a tough climate change law. This document was presented to Brian Cowen by the group on Monday the 21st of September 2009.
The Irish Corporate Leaders Group on climate change through its Communiqué has called on the Government to:
- Acknowledge the seriousness of the challenge and the enormity of the opportunity
- Adopt, advocate and support science as the primary driver of climate policy
- Develop a long term policy framework to provide certainty to businesses
- Position Ireland as a world leader in smart green enterprise
- Prioritize education and research to build a low-carbon economy
- Act now or pay later