Young FoE Europe Declaration on Food Sovereignty & Training
Posted by Triona Reid on June 02, 2020 at 03:33 PM
From Friday June 5th, Friends of the Earth organisations from across Europe we will be running an exciting series of food sovereignty workshops, trainings & online events for young people (under 30).
We have fantastic line up of speakers, facilitators and activists AND the opportunity to meet with MEPs so young people can promote their demands on agriculture and food sovereignty at European level. The training will take the form of a series of online webinars.
Schedule of the Food Sovereignty training:
- Friday 5th June (9:00 - 11:00) - Introduction to Growing Together, Food Sovereignty and our manifesto
- Friday 5th June (12:30 - 2:30) - CAP: EU Common Agricultural Policy, the history, decision-making and the reform
- Friday 5th June (3:00 - 4:30) - Addressing MEPs on CAP, agriculture and food sovereignty. Strategies and practical advice
- Monday 8th June (1:30 - 3:30) - Meet with MEPs! (Members of the European Parliament)
- Tuesday 9th June (1:00 - 3:00) - Mobilisation, examples, testimonies and organising next steps!
- Tuesday 9th June (afterwork session - 5:00 - 7:30) Cinema-debate session: Agriculture and Food Sovereignty in the Global South
Sessions' timing is subject to adjustment. Participants will be notified in case of changes.
These workshops are part of our 'Growing Together' project which supports young activists and farmers to build skills and take action on issues relating to food and agriculture. If you would like to learn more about the project or join our agri-activist teamclick here
Youth Voices - Launch of the European Youth Declaration on Food Sovereignty
The way that food is produced, consumed, and distributed is a major issue facing Europe - and one that directly impacts the lives of young people across the continent. Yet, the voice of young people is not often heard when our food system is being discussed.
Young people from across Ireland and Europe have been working hard over the past year to produce their Declaration on Food Sovereignity, featuring the voices of youth from YFOE Europe, Growing Together, ASEED & La Via Campesina. The Declaration is being officially launched today and will be formally introduced at the Food Sovereignty Webinar on Friday June 5th.